Monday, July 27, 2009

Texas....The state I won't bike through

I know my last few blogs have been rather down, but that is not representative of the trip thus far. The life of a bike and builder is largely awesome...all we have to do is bike, thats it. It has been very challenging and continues to be as I try and figure out my bike situation. But by and large its awesome, we get to bike all day and spend hours enjoying the sun and the open road as we see different parts of the country and meet amazing people. The days are largely consumed with pedaling and enjoying food to degrees I never knew to be possible. Today, for example, we had a build day where we sheeted a house and put up trusses on a house after which we got an amazing meal. Annie's parents drove up from austin with a huge smoker where they made us chicken, brisket, ribs and pork. It was awesome.

Since we have entered the Oklahoma, Texas area we have had amazing BBQ and lots of super churches which has been interesting. We have experienced lots of youth groups and super christian places. We experienced our first dry county last week. We have a few more days in the bible belt area and then New Mexico and Roswell....our next mail drop! (hint hint).

My bike will be replaced under the warranty but its looking like I may not be able to deal with that until the trip is over, so I may just get my old bike shipped out and use that for the remainder of the trip, and then just get a new bike when the trip is over. We will see how that works out though. Thats all for now...

Adios from Texas!

Love to you all.

No comments: